PULSTAR User Facilities
The PULSTAR Reactor currently has four ‘User Facilities’ which are available for use by research groups internal and external to the UNC system. Additional information concerning the design and capabilities of each facility is contained under the links given below:
- Neutron Powder Diffraction Facility (NPDF)
- Neutron Imaging Facility (NIF)
- Intense Positron Beam (IPB)
- Ultra-Cold Neutron Source (UCNS)
Each of these four facilities harnesses the intense radiation fields emanating from the reactor beamports to create unique research and non-destructive diagnostic instruments.
In addition, several new facilities are currently being commissioned, including:
- Fission Gas Release Measurement Facility (FGRMF)
- Extreme Environment Irradiation Facility (EEIF)
- Hot Cell Facility
For additional information concerning these facilities and their associated capabilities, please contact the Manager of Nuclear Services.