The mission of Nuclear Services is to provide high quality analytical and irradiation services utilizing the irradiation and user facilities associated with the PULSTAR Reactor.
These services are available for use by research faculty and staff within the UNC system or at other academic institutions, and by governmental agencies and industries in the State of North Carolina and the Nation.
Services offered include:
- Neutron Activation Analysis
- Reactor Irradiations and Isotope Production
- Internet Reactor Laboratories (IRL)
User Facilities available include:
- Neutron Imaging Facility
- Neutron Powder Diffraction Facility
- Intense Positron Beam Facility
- Ultra-Cold Neutron Source
Please contact the Manager of Engineering and Operations if you are interested in learning more about any of the service capabilities of the PULSTAR reactor facility.